Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ethnic Arts Festival 2010

Greetings All,
Corinth (above left/center) got caught in the rain at the Ethnic Arts Festival and had to have a make-over (above right). This is the first time that I've been able to get close to copying one of my Divas and I think that I got pretty close. She was going on a go-see, but she didn't get chosen. Eunice (below bottom) however did get the call and is now living in Oak Park, IL with a wonderful artist Sylvia Hughes.
I think that I will create a new Diva using the head of the old Corinth and her name shall be Harlequin. I chose that name because her make-up looks abstract to me, but not like a clown and I love the sound of the word Harlequin. I will post pictures later.

2 comments:

Sandra Scott Textile Artist said...

I love your dolls, look forward to seeing more. A few years ago I too made dolls, I will share these with you in the future, they are now all stored in boxes as I had no where to exhibit them. I love the fact that yours have really great personalities.

Trish Williams said...

Sandra,
Thank you for stopping by. I spent about hour looking at your blog and reading some of your posts. I love your work.