Monday, July 21, 2008

Greetings All!

Greetings All!


I'm still here, I've been busy with my art quilts and not my The Divas. This past weekend I was out vending along with Gwen Boyd Mcgee. This was a first for all of us and we participated in the Evanston, IL "23rd Ethnic Festival". It was a two-day event and the 1st day it rain for a great part of the day and that was not a good thing.


In spite of the weather the race to Mackinac Island went on and it was a sight to behold with all the colorful sails blowing in the wind into the fog as the approached the horizon. "Thunderstorms and variable wind conditions welcomed sailors on over 430 boats to the start of 100th running of the Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac, presented by Lands’ End. The Race Committee started the first boats in the Cruising Division at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, and despite the variable starting conditions among them, all 23 sections were started on time. A large portion of the fleet was able to pick up 8-12 knots of breeze as they made their way out of Chicago".


Day 2 the sky was partly sunny and bright. The crowd was just as bright as the sun and the breeze off of the lake was delightful. I met to real live friends of the divas and promise them that I would write and post their pictures on my blog and I must keep that promise. Temamnesh and she was most charming.




I also promise to make a friend named after her and then she asked would I name one after "Lila Grace" also. I did tell her that I had name dolls by both of the names in the past, but I would create new Darling Divas/Friends because she was so delightful.



No comments: