Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The New Divas/Friends

Greetings All,

I have been busy making new "Divas/Friends" getting them ready to make a trip to St. Charles, IL at the Bridges Fine Art Gallery. This will be their first trip and they will be a part of an "Divas" exhibition, April 11-13, 2008 for "Sister's Weekend". I'm so excited and if you are in the neighborhood do stop by and check out the gallery and Divas/Friends.

The Jones girls where the first to be created and they are Velvet (left) and Valentine (right) Jones. These divas are sisters and they love to being seen. Velvet is wearing a silk jumpsuit with a embroider organza duster with rhinestones and sparkles. Her hand painted gold slipper have rhinestone and beaded embellishment. Valentine is wearing a snakeskin printed long tank dress with side slit and a Kente Cloth woven duster that is satin line and she has a matching stole.



"Cree" (left) is my Native American inspired diva wearing a suede fringed dress with leather boots/belt. She also has a Mud-cloth stole and Pony bead necklace. She is seated on a Willow bench. I love Kathy's native doll from our of DJWHF meeting earlier this month and this is my tribute to her.







"Jade" (right) inspiration comes from just her name. I wanted to create a green eyed diva wearing green and Jade was born. S he wears a jumpsuit with matching long robe and she also has hand painted ballet slippers.






"Peaches" (left) like Jade it's all about the name and color. I keep a list of names for my divas and I look at that list for inspiration and create from there. Peaches wears a burnt orange long gown with side slit and matching short robe. She also has hand painted slippers and comes with her own chair that I've re-covered the cushions to coordinate with her garments.



"Spirit" (right) is dressed in a red satin jumpsuit that is backless and has an over skirt that ties in the front. I'm still not sure about her shoe as of yet. She also come with a chaise that I posted earlier and she looks just stunning laying there all relax.

1 comment:

creativedawn said...

Hello,
Your dolls are awesome beautiful!
WOW!
Hugz
Pam