Friday, October 5, 2007

Busy

Greetings All,
This is "Chicago Artist Month" and the "Sew What Art Quilters" are participating in what is called a "Phantom Gallery" where temporary galleys are set up in vacant store front. This is our duet showing and we are excited. We are in the "East Garfield Park" part of town, which is on the west-side of Chicago and we are in a new space called "Spago" at 2444 W. Madison. Its a spa that dose both in-house services and out. Can't make it to the spa, they will come to you. I love the concept and them offering us the use of their space. We will be in this space October 12, 13, 14, 2007 from 4 pm til 8 pm each day and if you are in Chicago do come by and see what we are doing and to say hello.

This morning put the finishing touches on several piece for this event. I added two more piece to my smooth jazz series. Here are "Trump I & II (left/right) and from the scrape of "Mother Fire" I created a new piece titled "Zig Zag - I" (center). This is beginnings of a new series.





I also finished another piece that I had started when I doing the "Wedggies" and it's called "Jacob's Ladder" inspired by looking at Sonji Hunt's blog this morning. Sonji is so very creative and cutting edge. I just love her work and I'm continually inspired and renewed by her. Last night I went to the Garfield Park Conservatory, Niki Nights where Niki Saint Phalle sculptures are on exhibit and they Garfield Park Alliance hosted an event where local artists Raymond Mays and Michael Lane were featured. Also jazz great Kahil El'Zabar Quartet. It was a wonderful night.

No comments: