Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hello



Hello,
This week has been a slow week for creating. I finish my first doll will a head you can turn 360 degrees and now I will dress her. I completed my April challenge for SWAQG (left) and matted two small works.

This week I found out that my dad's cancer has spread to his left hip which has impaired his walking and yesterday I had to take him to the doctors in a wheelchair. This was sad for him, because he's been such an active man for 82 years. I didn't think that he understood what had happen until we were going home and he said "I guess this is what it will be for the rest of my life". My dad also has Alzheimer/Dementia, one doctor said it one thing and another said it another. The sad thing for me and my dad is that we can't talk like we use too.

This is me and Mr. Mabry Williams aka dad at a Father's Day Jazz brunch last year. He use to love him a "cold one" (beer). I knew that on the ride home something had changed, but I wasn't for sure. The next month he was diagnose with having the beginning stages of Alzheimer and so the journey began.

No comments: