Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What I've been up to.

Greetings All,
Well I've been busy trying new things. Monday was a "Gourd" day. I started trying some of the air drying clays that I had bought last year along with some of the gourd that I've collected over the years. I've been inspired by Patricia C. Boyd, Sherry Goshon, and Terri Moisan. Who all make just unbelievable gourd sculptures/dolls. I tried several products. One was "DAS Modeling Material" (left) and this for me is too heavy. My first piece broke and "Paper Clay" (below) and this worked better because it was lighter in weight when dried.
Tuesday was a wire armature day and I made 5 of those and today I will be dressing cloth doll the last of the "Glam Squad" (phase-1) and maybe some painting of the gourds. I also want to try wrapping some of the armatures I made yesterday in the style of "Paverpol" which is a textile hardener. I love some of the sculptures that I saw on their web site and until I can get some of the products I will improvise.

No comments: