Sunday, February 25, 2007

PAQA-Water Challenge

Greetings All,
PAQA-Water Challenge is on display at the Fine Line Art Center in St.Charles, IL. Show runs form February 26 until April 2, 2007. This challenge was brought to the group by Frieda Anderson fiber artist/author/teacher. "In the PAQA tradition of encouraging our members to explore new territory, the eighth PAQA challenge explores WATER. The requirements were simple. The quilts had to interpret "WATER", be no larger than 18" per side and include a self portrait." I am excited about being a part of this group of wonderful and talent artists and grateful to be in this exhibition. I pieced various shades of blue fabrics (cotton and satin) and then I overlaid polyester sparkling organza and machine quilted this piece. After which I cut open some of these quilted areas and machine washed/dried the piece. After washing I squared up the piece and bound the edges and finished it off by adding glass seed beads.

No comments: