Thursday, February 22, 2007

3rd & 4th Week - Open Studio

Greetings,

I'm coming to a close at the "Open Studio" I have two more days and it's over. I has been very interesting thus far. On this past Tuesday I completed a new work. It's in my series titled "Urban Bush Mask" and this one is number four. This one is all about the color. I chose green because I'm looking forward to the spring and when I think spring I think green. Even tho we had all that snow on the ground. But today there is a lot less snow. I've not be creating any dolls during my time in the studio because I was asked as a quilter to exhibit/reside. However I have been working on them at home and will post later this week. The doll have been the drawing point to the studio. On this pass Tuesday more people came in and I have a couple of them that said they would be back to purchase, so we shall see.


I did get another piece completed this week. My daughter had requested a wall hanging with a mother coming her daughter hair and so I created "Please Hold Still". I used some of my hand dyed fabric along with some photo transfer of my children as little one and I included a picture of my grandchildren. The fabric that I used for the mother's dress is actully an African Wax print from one of my garment that I had made when my children were younger. This was a true labor of love.



The
"Stitching Salon" has been such a big hit at the tourism center that it's been extended for another month so if you are in downtown Chicago stop by and check out all the great art and join in the knitting project/demo that are going on.

No comments: